THIS IS THE LINK TO THE AUTOCAD 2015 NEW FEATURES!
Probably being just right before the finish line of releasing AutoCAD Architecture 2015, AUTODESK® recently published its system requirements for AutoCAD 2015.
The one and biggest change compared to the 2014 system requirements is that Microsoft® Windows® XP seems not to be supported anymore. It seems like if you’re still using XP, once you decide to upgrade to AutoCAD 2015 you’ll also need to upgrade your operating system to either Windows 7 or 8.
AutoCAD 2015 System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 8/8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
AutoCAD 2015 32-bit
- 32-bit Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
AutoCAD 2015 64-bit
- AMD Athlon 64 with SSE2 technology
- AMD Opteron™ with SSE2 technology
- Intel® Xeon® with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
- Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
- Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
- The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
- Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
- In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2 Server editions, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2003 R2 Server editions.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 6.5 FP1.
Other System Requirements for AutoCAD 2015
- Memory: 2 GB (8 GB recommended)
- Display Resolution: 1024×768 (1600×1050 or higher recommended) with True Color
- Display Card: Windows display adapter capable of 1024×768 with True Color capabilities. DirectX® 9 or DirectX 11 compliant card recommended but not required.
- Disk Space: Installation 6.0 GB
- Pointing Device: MS-Mouse compliant device
- Digitizer: WINTAB support
- Plotter/Printer: Same as AutoCAD 2013-2014 — system printer and HDI support
- Media (DVD): Download and installation from DVD
- Browser: Windows Internet Explorer® 9.0 (or later)
- Side-by-side Install: Supported
- ToolClips Media Player: Adobe® Flash® Player v10 or up
- .NET Framework: .NET Framework Version 4.5
Additional System Requirements for Large Datasets, Point Clouds, and 3D Modeling
- CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD Athlon, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology; Intel or AMD Dual Core processor, 2.0 GHz or higher
- Memory: 8 GB RAM or greater
- Disk Space: 6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements
- Display Card: 1280×1024 True Color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.
Source: AUTODESK Knowledge Network.