In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to insert objects to a new construct drawing in AutoCAD Architecture.
How To Insert Objects to a New Construct Drawing
In the following you will edit a new independent construct drawing for the created chimney.
- Press Ctrl+3 to hide the Tool Palettes, and press Ctrl+5 to display the Project Navigator palette.
- Turn to the Constructs tab.
- With the left mouse button select the chimney body and then press the left mouse button above it, and keep it pressed.
- Keep the left mouse button and drag the chimney body to the Project Navigator palette, to the Constructs folder name, and let the left mouse button go.
- Dragging into the folder effects that the Add Construct panel displays. Override the Name to Chimney on it, and in the Assignments field turn on the Ground Level, the Ground Floor and the First Floor levels checkboxes. Turn on also the Open in drawing editor checkbox. With this operation after closing the panel, the new created drawing will open at once.
- Exit the panel by pressing OK.
It is seen that the new Construct drawing was created like you would have opened a new drawing by using the template drawing, and you would have dragged the chimney in it with the original coordinates with Copy – Paste (Ctrl+C – Ctrl+V) command pair.
- In the new opening drawing only the chimney can be seen.
- Save the drawing with the Savecommand, and close the Chimney drawing.
I hope you enjoyed this part of the AutoCAD Architecture video tutorials series (YouTube video tutorial coming soon – make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel and email list so you’ll get notified when I publish this video). In the next article I’ll show you how to dragging the chimney as Xref to the Entry Level Drawing. If you liked this tutorial make sure you subscribe for more in the upper right corner (where you can also download the first chapters of my AutoCAD Architecture eBook free) and also subscribe to my YouTube channel.
If you would like to create the whole project of a two-story house with Sheets and Annotation, please follow the link and buy my eBook, which guides you step by step (Imperial and Metric version available).